Thursday 18 September 2014

Style & Genre Ideas


As this table from http://www.the-numbers.com/market/genres shows there are a lot of genres we could chose to work in for our short film that can be profitable and popular.

My first thought is that personally I am best suited to doing an action-thriller or horror, this is because in the past four years of media studies and photography I have created movies for both genres which were successful and I have some knowledge of the conventions we would have to use. Also, I believe fantasy and comedy and other such genres would be hard to create for example fantasy would involve a lot of special affects which I have no pervious experiences of and if done wrong they can just make the movie look tacky and to be blunt rubbish. Also with a comedy, yes it would be fun to do however to make a five minute film which is a comedy would be fairly hard as I do think I am funny.

But it is not just up to me so we discussed it as a group and thought that doing an physiological thriller could work for a professional looking short film, if it is what our audience wanted, because a hybrid film of this type could work and would not require difficult special effects which would make the production process a lot quicker than doing a film that requires a lot of CGI editing such as a sci-fi or fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment