Tuesday 23 September 2014

Survey Monkey on what the target audiences wants...

Doing audience research at AS for my pop magazine taught me it is important to get feedback from as many people as possible before developing your ideas so for my short film research I put a survey I made on SurveyMonkey onto my Facebook. Over two days 9 people answered my questions, I had hoped for more but this is not too bad as I can still get some ideas about my audience and what they want from the result I got.

Q1 was a simple question which simply just asked the age of the person, the reason for asking this is that I now have a understanding of what age range answered my questions. What I found out was the majority of people who took the survey were under 18. I should have really put more exact ages under 18 to find out exactly how old people were but did not expect many under 18s to answer the survey because most of my friends on Facebook are in Y13 and therefore 18 or over. What this shows is that 15 would be a good age rating to aim for so these people could see the film.





The second question just asked what gender the person taking the survey was. More males than females answered the survey but not that many more which was useful because I wanted to hear from both genders.






The results to this question shows that everyone who answered was in social grades C1-C2 (mostly C1), I am happy with the results of this because my secondary research shows that this group is the group who go to the cinema a lot because they can afford it and like films for a mass audience. Also, this is the biggest group of people making them a profitable group to target.  

The results to this question shows that the majority would watch a British short film.



 





This graph is really useful because it tells me my target audience would like to see a physiological thriller which means this should be the genre we think about developing for our short film.  




For the next question I provided a list of different loglines for four different film ideas we had had and I asked them which one out of the four they would prefer. The most popular log line was, "A teenage boy is forced by both his lovers to kill either one." This was the logline from Alex's film idea so it will be his idea we develop.





Next, I asked my audience what title they liked the best and as you can see from the graphs Deluca was the by far the most popular option so this will be our film title.

1 comment:

  1. Your audience research shows basic research into audience.

    ReplyDelete