Monday 16 December 2013

Feature article construction

When I started making my feature article I first placed the image of my band silky cool in the top right corner. Although by putting the image in the corner I have broken conventions as on all the double page spreads I have seen of the same genre they put the main image in the centre of the double page spread.I chose to use this image of  Silky Cool making fun poses this follows what Hebdige said in 1988 which is youth are represented as either "fun or trouble."
For the next stage I added a box with the rectangle marquee tool, I then used the paint bucket tool to make the box orange. The reason I used the colour orange is because I wanted to keep the same colour scheme that I used on the cover and contents page this follows some conventions that I found when analysing pop magazines as all magazine have one colour scheme for each issue of a magazine.



For the next step I added another two boxes with the rectangle Marque tool. After that I then made one box blue and the other box orange.










For the next stage I just added two more boxes with the rectangle Marque tool, I then used the paint bucket to make one box blue and the other orange. The reason I chose to put the boxes on the double page spread was to follow conventions as with the majority of double page spreads I have seen they have put text in to boxes, this follows  what Bentley said in 1997 which was "The creative process is the rearranging of the old to create the new."









For the next stage I started to add text by adding the title of the story Silky Cool (this text I downloaded from free urban fonts). (I used a bold text following common conventions) I then added a question and answer in the bottom right corner using the horizontal text tool. I also had the text in a black text to follow the common convention.

After that step I added another question and the answers by using the horizontal text tool also the reason I have made the text small is because most pop magazines have text around the size of 12, so to follow a common convention I made the text around the size of 12 to follow this common convention.

For the next step I added the page numbers  by using the horizontal text tool. A double page spread needs to have a page number because without the page numbers it would be a lot harder to find the page/story you are looking for.

For the next step I simply just added more text by using the horizontal text tool.
For the next step I added another question and answer to my double page spread by using the horizontal text tool.


For the next step I added some more text by using the horizontal text tool once again.







 
For this step I added another question and answer using the horizontal text tool. I put it in the bottom left corner so the box became full.

For this part I added little brief idea of what is going to be on the page in a yellow font the reason behind doing this is that I want the brief sentences to look different and not look like its part of the main subject of the double page spread, to do this I used the horizontal text tool and chose the colour yellow.





 
Now to finish of my double page spread I filled in the leftover space in the orange box using the horizontal text tool.













After having a second look at my double page spread I saw some spelling problems I also added more detail.So I changed the layout of my double page spread I also used more vibrant colours to follow conventions of a pop magazine.
Below are two different layout designs I made and the final design.


After asking my target audiences what they would want my final feature article looks like so.

















No comments:

Post a Comment