Saturday 26 October 2013

researching photographers

As the theorist Bentley1997 said "The making of the new though the rearranging of the old" I will be following this theory when making my magazine, as I will be looking at photographers and taking different parts to make my magazine as appealing as possible. I am also doing this to get some ideas on what to do on my magazine.

http://www.muaserved.com/gallery/Get-Frilled/3934171
The 1st photography I looked at was Igor Oussenko.

I started of by looking at this piece photo and the key parts I like is how the blue is blended into the hair I also like how it bends along side the hair making the hair the center of attraction in the photo. On the forehead they have put a blue/green make up on so the blue from the hair stands out more. One other part I like is how the eyes are blue which is the main colour on the page they have also used the colour blue around lips keeping to the same colour pallet. When I take my photos I will have to remember how they have used colour as one of the main parts of the image. I will also have to look at the small details like the eyes which in this image are blue and goes along with the rest of the colour pallet.





Unlike the other image the photographer has focused more on the clothing for colour as in this image the clothing is the main part when taking my photos I will need to think about this as I want both the face and clothing to stand out. one key part I like about this picture is that the models are in front of a white canvas backing making the colour stand out more. I will need to think about the backgrounds I use in my images as it makes a big impact on the final picture.











What I like about this image is that they have used a green streak in the hair and the make up goes along with the green and gives the whole head a balanced colour scheme. I would like to do this when taking my photos as I want it  to have an equal standing between the hair and face.











The reason I take inspiration from Igor Oussenko's work is because of images such as the one to the left and how the light reflects perfectly so the black paint glares back at the camera. I hope when taking my photos I can get the lighting right as it can greatly improve a image.













The second photographer I looked at was Matt Stuart.
http://www.mattstuart.com/photographs/colour/02-HYDE-PARK

I really like Matt Stuarts work because it just shows
how important it is to get the right angle for shot because the key part of this image is how he has got the position of the rabbit balloon just right so it covers the face. When taking my photos I will need to think about what angle I take the image because it can have a big effect on the end photo.








This image of Matt Stuart work also shows another important thing when taking a image and that's timing,  he timed it just right so it looks like the person in the red top is balancing on top of the post box. If I decide to take images that include action I will need to think of timing so I can get a effective  photo like Matt did.



                                                                                                                               



1 comment:

  1. Your posts on photography (mise-en-scene, techniques and a photographer) are excellently presented, show excellent use of ICT (you have used range of mediums) and clearly demonstrate you are really thinking about how to make a professional magazine cover based on your research findings, keep up the excellent work! In order to improve your posts:
    1) Check your spelling/grammar carefully (e.g. title of mise-en-scene post needs correcting)
    2) Include some of your own work you have done to experiment with what you know
    3) Use more media theory
    4) Use more media terminology (especially when analysing photographs)

    ReplyDelete