Thursday 24 October 2013

Feature analysis



After analysing the magazine cover and contents pages for the Pop genre, the next step is to analyse featured articles to see how I can make a successful feature article that will appeal to my target audience. I will need to look at common conventions that will boost the appeal of my magazine. I have created a press presentation that looks at feature articles and picks out the key common conventions. I have also added a well known pop song by Olly Murs called Trouble Maker to the Prezi presentation.
http://prezi.com/cki0i0iasbjy/pop-music-magazine-articles/

The Prezi I created includes information about three double page spreads.
I started of by looking at a Interview feature article which is shown below in two images. The key things I found after looking at this double page spread is that:
The text needs to be bold and clear.
You need pictures or different topics/questions to break up the text to make it easier for the target audience.
The colour pallet needs to be the same on both pages and though out the rest of the magazine.
You also need to have pictures that relate to the stories and the target audience.



















I then looked at a review article which is on the left and right hand side of the page.
After looking at it on Prezi I found out this key features:
Each topic has its own box and at least one image.
It uses colours such as yellow to highlight key parts of text.

The finale double page feature article I looked at was a Q and A feature article some key common conventions I found is:
they use the colour yellow to pick out key text they also did this for the over two double page magazines.
They have two key colours for background for example they used the colour purple and pink which both colours relate to the target audience.














No comments:

Post a Comment