Tuesday 16 December 2014

Throwing A Punch and make up research

For my short film there are not any special effects needed as all of the murders in the short film are done without seeing the person getting murdered, for example when Deluca kills Hugo you see the back of Hugo so you don't see where he gets hit with the rock so this means that really I only need to research into how to throw a punch for the murder/fight scene to look real.

As the short film includes a fight scene I thought it would be suitable to do some research into fight scenes and how to throw a punch. Below is a video, which guided me while doing my research as it told me about how the camera angles make big differences when throwing a punch. The video also showed how to throw a punch, which will also help when trying to make the fight in the film seem realistic.

 For my short film I also needed to look at make up conventions for a psychological thriller however  I found for a psychological thriller both genders don't really wear make up, apart from girls may wear a little eye liner. Nothing special, unlike if I was doing a horror, as this  would have meant I needed to research more into this as horror involve a lot more make up. In the psychological thrillers I have looked at females are mainly just putting on eye liner which is a simple technique which is  shown  in the video below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment